Saturday, May 8, 2010

Another PHCN/NEPA episode.

Here I was, on a very sunny Saturday afternoon, driving back home from the hospital (Check -up), I pulled up in my street and then my curiosity was triggered. Electric wires loosely dangled from the imbalanced poles while very weary faces stood outside their respective homes. I shrugged it off as I pulled in my compound. "Oga Mayor, NEPA don cut light ooo!!!” , Jubril the gateman announces. " dem don bring bill?", i asked. "yes sir, na now now dem bring am!", he replied, handing the bill to me. "Ok, they're just bringing the bill and they cut out the power already", I thought. "N9000!". i said out loud, noticing my bill. "NEPA people still dey outside", Jubril interjected. On getting back out, I obviously spotted the guy in charge.

Good Afternoon”, he greets. "There's nothing good about the afternoon, Firstly, you bring the bill today and you still cutting power out. Secondly, N9000! Haba, throughout January, I had light for about 13 hours, besides, I don’t live in a factory!!!”, I protested on. He looks on uninterested and replies, “Chairman, there's a change in management and you'll have to go our office..........blah, blah!”, “You People are Crazy!”, my usually noisy neighbor cuts in. “I swear to God, I already called my electrician, and as you leave, I’m fixing my light back!,  I’ve had enough of your nonsense and I’m ready for you people this time around!”. Hissing on, she starts walking away.

The NEPA man stood still, as if gathering his thoughts, "Mr Oga", I interrupted, "You can't cut the power, giving I just collected by bill”. “Na oyibo be all that one, go to the office and tender your case, I’m only doing my job!”, he finally speaks, obviously furious.

"You guys are plainly the most useless lot of any nationwide service provider", I said, "Not that you understand anyway", I added almost immediately, realizing my "Brighter grammar". Walking back inside, “Jubril”, I called, “Call the electrician later today, let him fixed this nonsense!”.  I slammed the door shut.

As expected, I fixed my light and headed to the NEPA (PHCN....whatever) office and after two hours of my precious time, I finally paid N1000 instead of the outrageous N9000. Bloody scams!.

On a final note, I’d like to offer my advice (not like it matters anyway!) NEPA, stop scamming Nigerians. Give us our auto-billing meters and see if you'll make a dime if you continue with what you do best, supplying darkness!.

I rest my case(for a while......).

3 comments:

  1. Another advice tho', Competition is another way to improve Power supply in Nigeria, just like the telecomms sector, but then there's politics to contend with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha dis is not funny but i jus had 2 laugh..Ahnahn wen will 9ja change..gosh

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes oo, 9ja will change soon we hope.

    ReplyDelete